Friday, December 19, 2014

sumopaint dot com

Reacting to a DPI discussion on FB (fixed at 72 dpi)  caused me to remember sumo paint and play with again.
Just wanted an url for this image.
The mass of texture and tone are from alpha channels that I'll do painterly shapes with first.
The white lines on top of the texture are also on an alpha channel.
Spent the past 3 or 4 hours formatting the script.
All the text is in a psd level, ready to turn into a balloon or caption.
Just need to draw with abandon,
Hopefully, the fun part.

7 comments:

Tom Moon said...

I like the feel of the overall drawing but I'm not sure what the foreground object is. The drawing doesn't look like a ventriloquist on stage.

It's been quiet lately on TAG. Everyone must be busy for the holidays.

JMG said...

No, Tom just haven't had a worthwhile thing to post. Being depressed doesn't help either, all this damn rain brings me down. Christmas here is next to non-existent.

MrGoodson2 said...

Tom. Didn't mean to confuse you. That is totally random. Just checking the tones and texture look of my mask drawing channels.

I did discover something about photoshop spacing. My homemade font has a couple of problem characters. R specifically. Has too much space around it.

I learned on youtube an easy fix. Select, highlight, the character and then press the alt key and use either the left or right arrow keys to elimante the space.

I love my funky hoemade fonts but they all ended up with those spacing issues. Now I'm in charge.

Yes, low Holiday attention to TAG for sure.

Buck up Jim. I'm in pretty much the same boat. It's tough. I'm too broke for Christmas. The whole family is. We'll just plod on through. Grateful it's not worse.

MrGoodson2 said...

It can always be worse.

MrGoodson2 said...

Merry Christmas.

Tom Moon said...

Merry Christmas!

Rickart said...

Yeah, it's been busy both at home and at work. I'm working Monday and Tuesday and then I'm off for nearly 2 weeks, so I'm sure I'll have more free time during the break.