Thursday, December 25, 2014

Day after Christmas-I'll be drawing horses

Plan to draw 20 horses.
Horse drawing school diploma tomorrow.
 This is on the dash of Scott Sackett's car. Not in the museum.
 8 tons of white marble. From a 31 ton block.
Known as the Canyon Princess- not Snow Princess

 Charles Russell doing a sculpt of super deformed Indian mystic who gives all the animals their wild coloration.







in from the night herd
The original is awesome-super subtle






 I was drawn to copy mostly Remington.
Some great, great art.
Including a Jeremy Lipking piece.
Dean Cornwell. Rockwell.
Worth a return visit for sure.


5 comments:

Tom Moon said...

Do they have "Cowboys and Aliens" or "Cowboys vs Dinosaurs" sections?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWf1C4ceMIo

MrGoodson2 said...

I wish I could help make syfy channel bad movies.
The worse part of that one was a cowboy shooting 2 45s gangster style.

Tom Moon said...

I think it must be mislabeled. I don't see any references on the internet that Frazetta ever did Prince Valiant, though he did admire Foster's Tarzan work in particular.

Rickart said...

I look forward to loads of horsy drawings!

MrGoodson2 said...

I'm about to start scanning.

Tom, if it's Frazetta it would be fan art. I don't think so. No where on the tumblr post is anyone reblogging and adding a comment "Not Frazetta."