Saturday, October 18, 2014

International Super Hero Day- Pauls Valley Ok

How I spent my day. Doing free sketches at this place. Action Figure and Toy Museum of Pauls Valley, Ok. Owned by Kevin Stark.  


Then the sketches (some of them) that I did. We (Scott Sackett and me) did quite a few. They were free. But we started to get tips. Got 25 bucks before we were done.
The funniest one is the 2 scouts I have close together, one holding the others arm. Because That's what I thought i saw in the ref photo. That's just the tall one's arm crossed hand. That probably chapped the shorter kid.









The first 2 Iron men were for brothers. Which do you think was the preferred  drawing? The one they both wanted over the other?

8 comments:

MrGoodson2 said...

Next weekend is OafCon. I'm Con King

Surly Bird said...

These are really awesome, Ellis! You captured the scout bros. perfectly.

Davis Chino said...

Holy crap I am laffing my a$$ off right now looking at these!! Gawddamn are these great--esp'ly the scouts!!!

(*still crying with laughter*)

Love it!! Great job out there in the trenches, man!!

Davis Chino said...

Did the brothers fight over the squatty Iron Man??? Tell us they wanted the squatter!

MrGoodson2 said...

They did not want the squatter. They wanted the other standing Iron Man.
Interesting. I think the squatter is arguably stronger. But there was no argument in the quick grabs for which they wanted. And the , "crap" that the loser mumbled when the smaller kid got the preferred Iron Man.

Thanks guys for the comments. I'll be posting a couple more videos at some point. Show a couple of Paul's Valley shots.

BDMontag said...

Do you find the newer Iron Mans hard to draw, with all the machiny crap through through the figure? I prefer the classic look.

Rickart said...

Yup, these are all great. The scouts are priceless!

MrGoodson2 said...

Iron Man is hard to draw. I used ref once and then just drew the Iron Man I had in my minds eye the rest of the time.