Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Rejected cabinet art piece for Arcade Game


This is a small piece of art that I generated in Photoshop to be on the cabinet of a new game that I am helping make as part of RetroActiv Games. The guys making the cabinet thought that it looked at odds with the other decals I had already made, so I updated the look and that's what is currently going on the cabinet. But I can't show the one that will ship because it's proprietary ... Thought I could share the one that didn't make it with you guys.

And on Tuesday, no less. Two in a row.

7 comments:

JMG said...

That's better

Tom Moon said...

A cool combination of graphics, textures and colors!

Rickart said...

This is pretty cool... I'm intrigued by what game this might be for... which is what a game cabinet should do, right?

MrGoodson2 said...

Very nice shop work. I love photoshop.
Publish the other piece when it amounts to promotion to do so.

Tom Carroll said...

When we can promote the game, I will not only put the new piece in the post but also a picture of the finished cabinet.

Davis Chino said...

This looks really cool, TOm--and it channels exactly the kind of notebook marginalia we were doing in high school. I remember lots of lightning bolts (TM) and chain link fencing inside my three ring binder! This is like the dream realization of that aesthetic!

Tom Carroll said...

I think you're probably right in thinking about the margins of notebooks and early inspirations, Marty. I certainly did my share of that back in the day, too. The lightning bolt actually comes from the game itself. So there's little inspiration from that standpoint. But I do like to use stuff that intersects because it makes things much more exciting when you have intersections and connections. So the chain-link was a natural extension of that. I'm glad you all liked it.