Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Too Late to Add This to My Avatar Collage...?

Almost looks like a Wally Wood job, huh? Thanks for posting the Herb Trimpe tribute, Jimmy. I'd love to see you do a Trimpe Hulk Tribute Cover.

(BTW, funny "your work reminds me of..." moment @ ECCC: Stuart Ng, book maven, came by our table, and while chatting about my old-school'ish style I name-checked Jack Davis in my usual vain, self-congratualtory manner--Stuart gave a lukewarm agreement then added, "Yeah--but I think of you as more of a Graham Ingels." That took me down a peg or three!)

6 comments:

Tom Moon said...

Graham Ingels??? No way. You are Jack Davis all the way.

Davis Chino said...

Tommy! Thank you, but...Stuart has spoken.

*sad face*

Tom Moon said...

I'd never heard of Ingels before you posted this. Had to google his stuff just now. Have to say I don't think he's as good as Jack Davis, (or you). But he seems to have quite a following who think he was the greatest, so I wouldn't be too insulted. Maybe he was Stuart's favorite artist. Guess he was also a troubled guy who drank a lot.

"In 1962, all the problems in Graham Ingels' troubled life came to a head. He went to work one day and never came home. For years, even his family and closest friends didn't know where he was, and those who wished to discuss business could contact him only through his attorney."

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1995-11-05/features/9511070186_1_comic-books-ec-horror

MrGoodson2 said...

Grisly Davis. I like it.

JMG said...

Graham Ingels????? What's Ng been smoking? No Way!

MrGoodson2 said...

I love Ingels. Probably the purest example of EC horror.
But I also see a ton of Jack Davis in your work.