Thursday, November 19, 2015

Roof Urchin- WIP

Google images sure speeds things up.
I couldn't get an expression I like. 
Searched 'kids yelling' didn't like those. 
Searched "happy kids yelling" 
Then I got something.
I got in a 'keep it simple stupid' mode that I think improved things.
Now color.
I may have to break a couple of things to fix some perspective issues.
Color. Now I can goof off at Amazing Con without worrying about something I should be doing.

Pushed the background back a bit and added textures depending on fore, mid, back- ground.
I'm on my way to Amazing Con. Just helping a guy hold down his table.
Do you have any questions for Rob Liefeld? I'll be hanging out with him.

6 comments:

Tom Moon said...

That's really great Ellis, and you did it so quickly!

MrGoodson2 said...

Thanks Tom. Mainly having a playday that never ends any more. Got my first soc sec check yesterday. Did you get yours or are you waiting for a higher return?

Tom Moon said...

Really like the image with added color. This doesn't seem to fit in with your usual D&D fare. Is it for your usual clients? It's a card? Looks like it could be an illustration for a Charles Dickens novel.

Yes, I'm delaying collecting on Social Security.

MrGoodson2 said...

It's the usual client. But nothing fantasy was described. I was going to do a number of gargoyles and didn't . Got lazy.

Davis Chino said...

Dickens comes to Tulsa!

Really great! Love the last step of taking a little of that contrast out in everything but the central figure. You're just getting better and better at these. Very inspiring!

MrGoodson2 said...

Thanks Marty. Just part of the inspiration cyclotron of TAG. We all feed off of it.