Monday, November 16, 2015

Goofin' with GIF's

A demo I did for the benefit of my animal drawing students. The assignment is a motion study, and is not intended as an animation--just a series of drawings made from video reference of the student's choice. I found some sketchy footage of a gerenuk bounding for my source material.



I just sketched 'em out without doing the animation-y thing of making flippable drawings....just winged it. It has lots of glitches, but given my rustiness, I was relieved it looked even this good!

Sorry about missing last week...I'll do better in future!

6 comments:

Surly Bird said...

These are beautiful! There are so many great tools for motion analysis these days. Thanks for sharing!

MrGoodson2 said...

Sweet job Marty. You doing gifs is exciting news.

MrGoodson2 said...

Hey. This is news to me if blogspot lets you upload gifs. I just assumed you had a direct link to Tumblr. But I see the blogspot in the url now. I need to mae a gif and check this out. I've got an old one I'll use.

Tom Moon said...

This is cool. I don't know if I can make these in Photoshop Elements 9. What are you using Ellis?

MrGoodson2 said...

Photoshop CC Tom. I don;t know about elements. I tried to figure out if I could make a gif and failed.

MrGoodson2 said...

I think I also did searchs lookinng for a way to make gifs in elements and couldn't find it. May have seen some post saying it wasn't possible.