Sunday, October 03, 2010

Return of the Blackwing 602?

Ellis originally passed this on to me. The California Cedar Pencil Company has looked to bring back the famous Blackwing 602 pencil in the form of the Palomino Blackwing. This is a big experiment for them and will fans of the "classic" original buy off on it? Who can say. Went on sale this Friday at their website. I ordered a dozen, not cheap (after shipping) around $2 a pencil. I'll run tests of my own as I still have several BW 602's I use sparingly. (collector prices for the REAL deal runs around $20-$40 a pencil on Ebay). They say they have them made in Japan, which is a good thing as the Japanese love their pencils and make good ones.





3 comments:

MrGoodson2 said...

I'll probably have a dozen. I have a half of my only blackwing left. I'll draw something with it tonight. Then finish watching The 400 Blows.

Deane D said...

I've never seen one of these pencils in person. There is a review of this on Pencil Talk http://www.penciltalk.org/2010/09/palomino-blackwing-pencil

Very interesting.

MrGoodson2 said...

That review makes me think I can pass on buying a box. I have the Palamino drawing pecil that was supposed to replace the Blackwing. And I have scoring pencils that I like better than the palamino. We can all waith for Krayonzilla to give us the lowdown.