Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Close to making a usuable xtra bridge

This is a proof of concept item. The negative space on the roof of the mouth filled in.
But the teeth look very plausible when I placed it in my mouth.
Big issue was learning to use alginate for the mold. Never used it. It is touchy and it shrinks quickly.
Used my existing metal and acrylic bridge as the positive.
The teeth are embedded in a clear silicone. Shouldn't be toxic. Just rubber.
I want something that is easy to use, doesn't bug me as much as the metal, still looks halfway presentable and I don't care if I lose it.

 SUCCESS!
Not really. I'm using fix-o-dent here. I don't know how people stand that stuff. And it still migrates all over the place.
Nothing to hold it into place like the metal bridge.
Now I know. Leave dental work to the pros.

6 comments:

BDMontag said...

I'm afraid of what kind of posts we might see if we let Ellis' do it yourself medicine continue.

BDMontag said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

MrGoodson2 said...

It was something I had to try. I get a project idea, it nags me. I do need to stick with what I know.

Tom Moon said...

What could be scarier than Ellis with that big grin on his face?

MrGoodson2 said...

I improved it. Less face. Got rid of the bad lighting via saturation loss.

MrGoodson2 said...

and one less photo. Less really is more.