Monday, June 30, 2014

Archive

I did a search, ellis goodson art, got lots of hits that take me to miscellaneous ebay stuff that always interests me.
One creature sketch intrigued me and it took me to this TAG archive of glory. Marty-Jeff-Dok- active and smoking with the contributions to the blog.

 I did this drawing at Sooner Con, based on the fellow pictured. I had already done his 5? year old son as Superman. So later he wants me to do him. I take a ref photo and I think tear it up on the likeness.
His reaction, "I'll tell people it's supposed to be me."
I suffer every day for the art.


5 comments:

Rickart said...

I think he meant that people won't believe it's him because of the buff body, not because it's a bad likeness.

Tom Moon said...

While searching through the TAG Archive of Glory I came across this website posted by you Ellis called "Drawer Geeks" which was really cool: http://www.drawergeeks.com/
I noticed that Brett Bean was one of the artists who participated.

There are too many good artists in this world. Simultaneously inspiring and depressing.

Tom Moon said...

Yeah, your drawing of the guy looks like a pretty good likeness. Do you have a clearer shot (rotated)?

MrGoodson2 said...

Tom-More of the dollar doodles-better shot of the two supermen commissions, rotated

MrGoodson2 said...

That drawer geeks is a great blog. And I don't remember posting it. I do remember the kaiju excitemebnt, trying to get art onto that indy DVD. I need to dig that out from wherever I've hid it.