Tuesday, June 04, 2013

More Horses

For my niece's birthday this week (it's all about the unicorns...).

These felt tip marker drawings are tricky to get into the computer. Too big to scan, so I take a digi-pic--but my photo has a lot of fall-off around the edges, and I have to tweak levels/contrast/brightness/saturation in all sorts of distinct "zones." And I still didn't get it right. Horse is too dark. He looks real sculptural now because I went in and "erazed" some highlights as a quickie solution. Now it's all messed up...shoulda found my white right off and worked backwards from there, but when I did I was losing way too much of the saturated stuff.

And those dang markers never bleed into each other enough on the big fills....Sigh.

But hey--two Tuesdays in a row! And original content, no less.

10 comments:

Surly Bird said...

That is magnificent. Emma will never forget this present!

Tom Moon said...

Beautiful. And I don't know why, but that unicorn's face looks like you Marty, I swear. Maybe it's got your smile.

MrGoodson2 said...

Love it. You should do that Horse-centric idea you discussed with me in the past.
Vs the one in the future.
It's Tuesday is it.
Midnight deadline. I'll make it.

MrGoodson2 said...

Really is beautiful. I missed the step of looking at it high rez. Shame on me.

MrGoodson2 said...

I like the Dark Monster in the hedge. Plus I wanted to see my newly cropped avatar.

Davis Chino said...

Ha! Glad you guys liked it! Tom, that's funny about the unicorn looking like me--I think you might be right!

JMG said...

This is great Marty!!!!

Rickart said...

Another fat horse... but it's too tall to be Marty.

Is there any medium that you aren't AWESOME at? Scultping, brushpen, markers, animation... I suppose you do needlepoint, too.

Davis Chino said...

My next is to get good at a medium THAT PAYS.

(And thank you for the kind words!! They are my sustenance in lieu of employment)

MrGoodson2 said...

Marty. My comic book is headed your way. Probably take five days. Next Wednesday you should have it. I still don't have mine.
You've got all the skill you'll ever need. You just need to go to the right parties. It's who you know. Right now you know me.