Friday, May 04, 2012

THE AVENGERS ARE A WINNER!!!!


 

Went to the 9am showing today at the AMC 20 in Mission Valley. Hours later and I'm still geeking out.
The trailers do it NO justice, I could be nit picky but I've already convinced myself this is as CLOSE as they will get at this point, so no use in complaining on little details. This was the ultimate popcorn flick. Worth the wait. The clown who directed the Fantastic Four movies needs to be duct taped to a chair, have his eyelids pinned back and FORCED to watch this film 7/24 for a month to see how a MARVEL TEAM flick should be made. Oh keep yer butts in the chair for the CREDITS too. Nuff Said.

4 comments:

Rickart said...

I'm hoping to take the family tomorrow. 'looking forward to it!

Rickart said...

Oh, and can I just say that this Avengers poster is the worst Photoshop job I've seen in ages? May I? Please?

JMG said...

Thats the NEW movie posters these days. No style at all

Davis Chino said...

Jimmy!! I'm so glad you dug it! Seeing the movie yesterday prompted me to pull out my bound "Marvel Masterworks: The Avengers 1-10." (good stuff, but weird printing--were they this raggedy-looking in the originals?)

I did appreciate that the new movie captured something of those earliest issues, esp'ly the ad-hoc, tension-fraught origin of the team.

But dare I ask, whither Ant Man? And the Wasp??