Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sorta somethin'

I've had good reasons and excuses for not putting pencil to paper for months now. A few more figure drawings have been posted on the North Park Drawing Group instagram, but nothing that seems to solve any art issues for me. At work I did this poster contest submission for the subcontractor's ESOP. It is all Illustrator except for some Photoshop cloning on the watercolor texture to remove obvious patterning in a brush I created. I was trying for a Red Bull ad quality to the line and color.


4 comments:

MrGoodson2 said...

It's got a Bill Plympton kind of "Rules? I don't need your stinking rules" kind of feel to it.
If you want to really get something that was a little more unified and wacky. Take this jpg into photoshop, use liquefy and push it into more Plympton areas of squish and distortion. Then trace that in illustrator.

BDMontag said...

The cars could have been more rounded and whimsical.

Tom Moon said...

I was about to use that very word Ben. I love the whimsical style of this piece. I'd like to see you pull out all stops and just do a series of comic book or children's book pieces using this approach.

Rickart said...

I agree with Tom... there's a light touch here that's very appealing.