Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Sketchup as a visual aid.



I'm dabbling with sketchup. Getting medium competent with it. A great FREE tool. But what I like most, vs doing the actual modeling, is importing useful things I don't want to model. Cars for instance. Also, the little standees, always facing the camera, are better than perspective for scale.
The bottom one is afterthought edits I'll never do to the original. Might drop them in on photoshop layers.
I've decide 50mm is probably the best all purpose lens.

Below-from the sketchup warehouse- Wayne Manor. From a search for room interiors. I'm getting an itch to start setting up quickly realized previz for a comic project.


2 comments:

Tom Moon said...

Hey, that does look like a cool tool. I may have to check it out.

MrGoodson2 said...

FREE! Ton of very good tutorials on youtube.