Sunday, July 15, 2012

I was there- 7-14-2012

Thanks for shaking my hand Scott. Bob Wallace made that moment possible by paying my freight and supplying the badge. I'll post more. I may turn them into gifs vs video. More fun, no sound.
So. Bad enough being broke, being there on someone elses dime. Bob Wallace's. I couldn't believe my constant sticker shock at prices for everything. Convention food at the top of course. But parking garage costs. Sketch costs. Everything had been kicked up twice what I would expect.

5 comments:

Rickart said...

How can we be sure that's your hand, Ellis?

Glad you could make it there and look around!

MrGoodson2 said...

It was good. I think attendance was down just a whisker.
Any of you ever play some GPS game called GPS caching? If you're in on it, you get phone screen locations of all the close by locations of places that have been salted with "treasure."
Bob was playing. We got off in a weird place in the vicinity of Saffron Chicken.

MrGoodson2 said...

Didn't Find It
The area across Washington from Saffron and Indios businesses. Long dog walking trail, probably for rain run off. Not immediately visible from the street.

Rickart said...

I tried it once... I had an extremely frustrating time trying to find something. I suspect that if you are successful the first time you love it from then on and if you don't find you first item you never move on to a second.

MrGoodson2 said...

Bob said it works like this. You have to have a substitute treasure on you. You take what you find and leave your treasure behind. Perpetual treasures. Fun idea.