Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cloverfield Monster shown at film's End




Hey guys, The title is a link to youtube footage of the Cloverfield monster. For those of you with no interest in the story or the desire to see a giant monster movie. It's a bad, dark shot from a handheld camcorder slipped into a theatre. I can confirm it's the real deal having seen it. I didn't embed it because I don't want to be tossing spoilers around.

My review is , I liked.

It reminded me of the MIST but I liked Cloverfield better.

By the way, my youtube concept art hoax is all the way to almost 2000 hits. It's getting more now that the movie has hit. And I'm getting stabbed and hacked in the comments. Kinda fun.

I found these cards while looking for an old business card of my own. Tag membership, my first Comicon badge,


Cloverfield Gag is over 6000. Closing in on 7000

6 comments:

weezie said...

Hmm. The footage is kind of hard to read, but it sort of reminds me (silhouette-wise) of something from Wayne Barlowe's "Inferno". Like the massive creature at the end of "the Mist", it's nice to see SFX designers embrace giant monster paradigms outside of reptiles / dinosaurs and insects.

I'll probably have to wait to watch "Cloverfield" at home because the style of camerawork they employ tends to give me headaches in movie theatres. I was ready to rip my eyeballs out of my head during "the Bourne Supremacy"!

Mr Goodson said...

Weez, the camera work had me worried as well. But it was actually only during frenetic running moments that this was an issue. And there's not really many of those moments. Bourne is much more jerky.

As a writer and a critic, I think you have to see it.

Mr Goodson said...

I'm almost up to 3000 hits on my Cloverfield concept. If the comments was a Zogby poll it would be clear that 99 perecnt of America hates me.

Mr Goodson said...

another thing about my Cloverfield experience.
It's very short. About one hour and half going in and coming out. But even shorter than that due to at least 6 previews. IronMan, Hellboy, Star Trek, Step Up 2 The Street (Fame rehash) Jumper (teleporting teen angst) and to me the most interesting, The Ruins. Interesting because I instantly knew the story from the trailer. "The Seed from the Sepulcher" a story written by Clark Ashton Smith done in comic form by Corben.

Rickart said...

Jumper looks like it could be pretty cool. I'll keep my eyes on the lookout for The Ruins.

Btw, speaking of movie paradigms, what's with the need for heroes to have a prophecy attached to them? 10,000 BC is just the latest in what seems like an unending stream of films and books where the salvation that the hero brings is the fulfillment of a prophecy. This is getting really tired.

Mr Goodson said...

Rick, I'm reading Alan Moore's writing for comics. He would say the problem might be making the movie captive to a PLOT. Rather than having the movie about an idea. It would be more interesting if some idea was immediately apparent, that there was a violent jealousy apparent or that an intense rivalry for a Helen of Troy thing was going on. Or slaves have to fight to be free. (Martin Luther king day homage.)

I'm up to 4000 hits on my cloverfield youtube piece. Gotta go to work.