Friday, March 30, 2007

And.....I'm Back

Hey guys. I'm back in the real world. Thanks for all of your condolances and thoughts in the previous post about my father. I really appreciate it. He had been suffering for a while (five years actually) and he needed to go. We got the word Friday afternoon and didn't arrive for his actual passing. Maybe travelling from LA to SD during Friday rush hour was a factor? Anyway it was a week of helping my Mom get her papers and house in order, seeing family and friends, and no sleep. Now life is back to normal (read: LA traffic here I come!. I posted the eulogy for my Dad that Mary Claire gave if you're interested.

5 comments:

Scotty Buncake said...

Thank God your back. With you gone I was using Ellis as my only target for insulting verbal barbs. It gets tiresome when he breaks down into weepy tears after only the third try. Light weight.
I'll probably be leaving on Sunday April 15th, with the movers taking my stuff on the 13th. Then I start work on Aug. 12, 2009. Make sure you have a pancake party for me between now and then. Or maybe we should have another get-together soon.

Mr Goodson said...

what the? What are you doing april may june july? Yes Jeff, it's good to have you back. We'll have to get together. For waffles not pancakes.

Jeff said...

I say French Toast!! Have you been to that diner by the Culver Theatre?? We could all have what we want. And Buncake won't be able to run up the bill because it's cheap too! :-P

Scotty Buncake said...

Me again. Ellis, did you look at the year I mentioned? I'm sure you saw it. I actually meant 1979 though.
Yes, I've been to that diner several times. Big menu, good stuff. A bit of a wait sometimes and it closes earlier than alot of places.
And I promise not to run up your bill... Ellis' however...

Tom Moon said...

That was a great eulogy for your dad Jeff. Welcome back.