Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Frank Miller's 300 Trailer (daily testosterone shot)



This looks good.

  • And here's a little fun related bit.
  • 3 comments:

    Mr Goodson said...

    I told someone at work if this had come out when I was a kid I would have died re-enacting it. Anyone ever see the other movie called 300 Spartans. I remember the last scenes where the Spartans have been whittled down to a little troop and the Persians back off and just send infinite spear volleys into them. Good thing I didn't put out an eye.

    Rickart said...

    I'm not sure what to make of this film. I don't think enough of Miller's composition to be convinced that a film based on his framing habits is a good idea. I'm not saying it's bad, just that I don't think it's spectacular. Also, I find the artificial backgrounds a distraction. It's odd, because I never have a problem with "cartoon" backgrounds in a live theatre setting (probably because it isn't changing every 1/2 minute) but I think in a film they just call attention to themselves.

    Also, the acting style seems to be no more than "yell a lot".

    After seeing "Kingdom of Heaven" I don't know if any historical epic will satisfy me, especially something as, pardon the pun, Spartan as this film.

    Jeff said...

    I was a little put off at first when I first watched Sin City but by the end I was sold. What I like about the look of these is that they're stylized and have their own distinctive look. Different than anything else out there. They have an etherial, dream-like quality.