Sunday, July 02, 2006

Thank You Notes


"Thank you" notes are always a problem. Don't you guys often find yourself pressured or guilted (from outside forces or the mysterious "within"), to spend your precious artistic gift on dressing up Xmas cards, birthday cards or "thank you" cards? I think a full fifty percent of my lifetime artistic output has been rendered on the inside flap of something from Hallmark...

But I think this may be the last one I ever have to draw--at least for "thank you's". Now I can just take this to the printers and have a few hundred notecards made up--what a lot of trouble this will save me!

It started as a doodle. Done for my Sister-in-Law. The gift was an iPod in-car charger/player. That deserves something special, don't you think?

p.s. My word ballons and lettering continue to be a liability.

2 comments:

Mr Goodson said...

I guess Joseph Stalin and Buck Owens saying "thank you" gives universal and unending gratitude.

I dig your inks.

Jeff said...

Great idea! Thank YOU!