Thursday, May 04, 2006

Twist-Up Lion - Crayon and Cardboard Stencil


This is the only drawing I've finished in the last several weeks. I'm rather pleased with it. If you have any critiques on anatomy, perspective, color or composition, feel free to comment.
Embedded in the lower left-hand corner is a picture of Ian McKellen in 1965; my choice for the actor to play Spock at the Academy in the upcoming movie. I think he can bring the necessary sense of sophistication, dry wit and intelligence to the role, and I'm sure he can do an American accent if that's really necessary.

3 comments:

Mr Goodson said...

I think a flatbed scanner is called for. All that detail is mushed up by the angle and the lighting. That's a toddler t shirt design there. I'm always thinking about the cash

Jeff said...

The juxtaposition of a black and white photo of a young Ian McKellen and the your twist up crayon rainbow lion is Art in itself!!!

So how do you like the crayons anyway?? I agree with Ellis. $$$$$$$!! But remember, always to it for the Children.

Rickart said...

I picked up some Staples brand twist crayons... I like then although I think I'm a little intimidated by them... There is no going back once you've commited them to paper. The drawings I've done so far are pretty crappy, but I love the color!

It's like working at Jostens all over again... only 16 colors to work with, maybe more with dithering... ;)